- 1 large or 2 small cedar baking planks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 to 2 tablespoon minced fresh herbs (basil, oregano, tarragon, thyme, parsley and/or rosemary) or 1 ½ teaspoons mixed dried herbs
- 1 ½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 ounces green beans, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Rub the top of the cedar plank with a little vegetable oil. Put the plank in a charcoal grill and preheat the grill to 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.
- Whisk together the olive oil, garlic, herbs, and vinegar with salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl.
- Add the zucchini, onion, bell pepper, squash, green beans and carrot and toss to coat them with the marinade.
- Spread the vegetables evenly onto the plank and roast until tender, about 30 minutes.